“Cancer cells, lacking oxygen (prana), represent a growth in the body outside the rule of the life-force.”
In Ayurveda, cancer is a disease that often involves all three bodily humours (Vata, Pitta, Kapha), though it typically starts with a predominance of one. When an individual’s digestive fire or enzyme reserves are low, allowing a build-up of toxic substances, this can create an environment for cancer to grow. Cancer has numerous causes including our toxic environment, denatured and processed foods, sedentary lifestyle, and lack of spiritual purpose or effort in life. It’s most common basis is suppressed emotion or emotional stagnation, which causes accumulation of toxic material.
As many may be aware cancer, at one time, was not prevalent in INDIA and was considered a disease of old age. Cancer now afflicts almost one in two of all adults. Yes, we do have better diagnostic methods which may account for part of the statistical increase in cancer cases, however, the fact is these numbers keep growing. Perhaps the time has come to give more energy and money to preventative measures and educating people on ways to live healthier lives.
A Natural Preventative Approach
- Foods which are full of life-force (prana) include those which are whole, fresh, sun-ripened, enzyme-rich, alkalizing, organic and are plant-based.
- Eat low glycemic foods that have a low sugar content.
- Avoid refined flour products.
- Eat dark green leafy vegetables, especially foods that are in the cabbage family such as kale, collards, etc.
- Foods which have a wonderful rejuvenative ability are fresh foods, such as sprouts, baby greens, wild greens, and enzyme-rich foods.
- Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures above 118 F, therefore, prevent high cooking temperatures
- Sea vegetables and algae have powerful rejuvenative properties.
- It’s not just what you eat that counts but also what you avoid. Avoid saturated animal fats, hydrogenated fats, heated oils, or fried foods.
- Do regular rejuvenation and purification practices such as fasting, liver and gall-bladder flushes, etc. Discover your unique body-mind constitution and use herbs, spices and foods according to your unique individual needs.
- Develop the capacity to listen to the signals your body is giving you. Your body is always speaking to you giving clues as to how balanced or imbalanced it is.
- Spend time on a daily basis to simply be still and connect with your emotional realm. Don’t let emotions build up. Journaling is a useful way of moving stuck emotions. Talk with a friend or therapist, learn good communication skill, and practice the art of gratitude. However, you do it, keep those emotional energies moving.
- Exercise on a daily basis. Have a program that includes aerobic exercise, stretching, strengthening, breath work and meditation.
However in case you feel the need to take immune boosters, our specialists have created the ideal supplement for your health.
Please write to us and we will send you details on the same.